Crop of bumps appeared on pubic region. Please help.

Edited , 2 users are following.

I noticed i had like a skin tag looking thing around my pubic region the past month or so i guess and i thought i was because of irritation from shaving so i let my pubes grow out and now that i shaved i noticed that there was a whole bunch of little bumps. any ideas? they are mainly on my left side and pubic region. no itching or any other symptoms. thanks.!


0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

  • Posted

    Dear noelattack,

    I think they're molluscum contagiosum (Google), a viral STD. I suggest you see your doctor to confirm the diagnosis and get screened for other infections.



    Report / Delete Reply
    • Edited

      Go to a drugstore/chemist or online (incl. Amazon) and ask or search for "molluscum treatment". Some remedies that don't require a prescription include preparations containing 5% potassium hydroxide applied carefully with a sharp-pointed applicator.

      Alternatively, leave them untreated. They clear spontaneously, but the time it takes can vary from a few weeks to several months.



      Report / Delete Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up