Crowns

Posted , 2 users are following.

My 8 year old daughter has been suffering from Ulcerative colitis for the last3 1/2nyear with on and off relapse. She has now been put on Azathioprine which is giving her very bad joint pain esp on her hip and ribs... Can anyone advise me if these pains go away or not as it's becoming very worrying  sad

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I would go back to your doctor and say that the medication is causing your daughter distress. Ask for a different medication. There may be other medications that are less toxic and still just as effective for relieving UC symptoms
    • Posted

Thank you philippa1759 I have contacted the hospital and asked to be seen . It's becoming very worrying now as she is in constant pain..😪
    • Posted

I would also goggle the side effects of this medication so you are well informed before seeing the consultant.  The drug your daughter is taking seems very potent for a young child.
    • Posted

I agree and have been advised by the hospital to stop the medication and have been scheduled to go next Friday for blood test ..

But I have stopped her medication at the moment.. Thank u for you advise .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.