CRPS??

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I suffered a severe sprain to my ankle nearly two years ago. Despite several visits to my GP because of ongoing pain and instability he just kept telling it would heal in time.

I fell over on it at least another 6 times due to instability. Each time I had to take time off work and rest it. My ankle was swollen, red and had a burning sensation.

Eventually my GP referred me for physio. Unfortunately the physio made my pain much worse. I was then referred to an ortho expert who said that I had possible detachment of two of my three main ligaments. I was referred to try physio again. Again it made it worse.

My main symptoms are: Aching 90% of the day, burning 60% of the day (really bad at night), patchy colouring, swelling, twitching, stiffness. These have lead me to have insomnia and depression for which I have just started taking medication.

I feel so lost and out of control of my health. I can't deal with the ongoing pain and I can't begin to tell you how it's ruined my life. I stopped leaving the house other than to go work, put a lot of weight on, stopped striving for a career I worked so hard for.

My treatment on the NHS has got me no where and I don't really know what to do.

Sorry to waffle on so much! Is there anyone out there that has been diagnosed with CRPS that can recognise if my symptoms are similar and what you went through before diagnosis?

Thank you in advance x

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi this definately sounds like crps keep on at gp as if you can get a diagnosis early on then hopefully referred to pain consultant at your local hospital.unfortunately for me I have suffered for 6yrs now started after a severe burn in hand now I am unable to walk due to pain in my foot I am at stage where depression set in scared I overdose due to amount of pain killers I need also begged to have leg amputated the pain is just relentless so advice I would give is push push for a diagnosis get started on treatment plan there are lots of different routes to try and hopefully in your case it caught early  if I can be of any help please get in touch as I have literally tried everything from physio,infusions,drugs so if I can even just support anyone suffering from this then it would make me feel useful,I search daily on new trials hoping there will be a cure soon,good luck,let me know how you get on .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.