CRPS

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had accupuncture for chronic back pain and the needle in my right hand caused CRPS. Diagnoised 8 weeks ago. Been doing mirror therapy, elastic band exercises and and slowly getting some strength back, although not enough to turn a tap on, turn a key pick up anything. I really cant see the light at the end of the tunnel but my consulant is hopeful. Has anyone managed to beat this and get normal use again!! sad

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I AM SORRY TO SAY I HAVE THIS IN BOTH LOWER LEGS FOR NEARLY 2 YEARS NOW AND I HAVE BEEN TOLD I WILL NEVER GET BETTER

SORRY

BUT YOU MAY 

• Posted

Im sorry to read of your diagnosis, sadly there is no beating this, there can be the hope of remission which for some can be long term . In my case I went into remission for approx 8wks. I burnt my fingers 4 weeks ago, and thats all it took to flare up worse than before. Outside of meds which may or may not give relief , everyone is different, no two cases are the saem, just the format of the basic symptoms show similarity. Changes in diet, no processed foods, no chocolate, NO alcohol, no caffeine drinks , no fizzy juice. Take vitamin C tablets, as research has shown people with high levels of vit c reduces the risk of CRPS. Sadly if diagnosed its to late, but clinical trials say it can slow or halt the spread. Keep active as best you can, even if it tires you out and makes you uncomfortable, dont lie down to this or it will consume you like a parasite. AVOID, desensitising exercises, such as plunging hand into hot water and then cold. CRPS hates temp changes, especially sudden. Its prodding the demon doing that. My physio suggested it as an exercise .......ill never forgive the guy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.