CRPS

Posted , 4 users are following.

I received a nerve injury during a rotator cuff surgery almost 6 months ago , my arm has not been the same since. I have a crushing twisted pain on inner side of arm where elbow bends as well as burning pain in forearm swelling in hand and wrist my hand and wrist are freezing cold all the time, I have weakness and trouble with my hand doing what I want. Has anyone seen a physiatrist for CRPS? Also horrible stabbing pains in my fingers. Thanks

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I haven't. I've seen everyone else that's for sure. I feel your pain. It's hard enough to get someone to believe you

• Posted

Sorry to hear about, not only your injury, but your extensive and prolonged pain thereafter. 

I have just recently been diagnosed with CRPS and the doctors are insisting that I take Trepiline, as it work with the nervous system. In the same line though, the side-ffects give one pause...

i am extremely grateful to have a Physiotherapy that specializes in rehabilitation and has an understanding of this...but confusion definitely comes in about which drugs to take. I have been advised by chiropractors that vitamin B injections for 2 weeks will also stimulate Nerve growth .

i wish you well and hope that the above has maybe given you some food for thought 

• Posted

I am on 100 mg of Amitriptyline nightly. At this point it does next to nothing. Good luck to you though. Tell me more about this Therpy you are on

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.