Crps

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have crps in my left foot and I struggle to cut my nails on this foot due to the pain, does anybody else have this problem and any way to deal with it?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

So glad to hear this Lucy and not in a mean way. I'm the same but thought I was going doolally. Removing nail polish also causes grief. My physio says its part of the disease. It's tough cos you get a few goodiish days and then you tackle the feet and it all goes pear shaped. Not sure of a solution. Just grin and bear it I guess. Sorry I can't be of help. X

• Posted

Thank you for your reply, I'm glad i'm not the only one too. yes that is the same with me, trying to paint/remove nail polish is difficult. When I do tackle my nails I end up having a few extremely bad days with my foot and legs. Also My nail Growth has gone very fast because of my CRPS so I can not just leave them as it then causes more pain.

• Posted

I've struggled with this too since my CRPS has spread to my foot. I've found that using nail scissors is A LOT less painful than using clippers. This doesn't work for the big toe because they're just not strong enough, but at least I only have to grin and bear it for the one instead of all five.

On the very rare occasion that I do bother with prettying them up, I don't paint them anymore because I know how painful it will be to get the polish off. Instead I use the Jamberry product (they're like stickers). They stay on for much, much longer than paint--don't chip or wear off. When you do have to remove them, it's because of growth only, and you simply soak in acetone before gently peeling off. Hope this helps!

• Posted

Thank you for your reply, I've tried both scissors and clippers and they're both just as bad. However I will try the jamberry product, thank you x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.