CRPS After Wrist Fracture

Posted , 3 users are following.

Does anyone know anything about CRPS after having a fracture.?

Thanks Wendy

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Wendy. I know it stands for Complex Regional Pain Syndrome and that they don't know what causes it. Is this affecting you? Is it like a burning sensation?

I got my test results and the doctor has suggested additional physio might help. They have not prescribed it, only suggested it. They seem to have adopted a wait and see, early days approach.

All I can say is......it still doesn't feel like my wrist? It aches and it is not strong. Mags

• Posted

Hi Margaret

Are your fingers locked? as mine will not move and how long did you take painkillers for? It just seems that they just tell you to take them and forget you!!!!!!!! When did you return to driving?

Fed upbiggrin

• Posted

Hi Wendy. I must admit that my fingers have never locked but they were very stiff and painful when my pot was removed. I took very few painkillers but used heat and cold a lot.

My pinkie and my ring finger were VERY stiff and sore and swollen. In fact, they are still swollen and my veins were very strange. I had numbness and then pins and needles. That has gone now but lasted a while.

I started driving the week before I went back to work Wendy but I can't drive for long periods of time.

Things are improving slowly.

• Posted

Thanks Margaret a lot of your symptoms are what I have so hoping that time is what is required my fear is that I leave it too long and then never get the use back!!  Panic is starting to set infrown as you hear such stories and as I keep saying not a lot of faith in medical profession at the moment.

Physio tomorrow again see what they say!!!

Thanks from Mrs Fed Upbiggrin

• Posted

I had a bad wrist fracture and had it pinned and plated. When the brace came off I still carried my forearm up against my body protecting it. My GP said that I mustn't do this or I could end up with CPRS which she described as the nerves getting confused and behaving strangely, so her advice was to keep it moving as much as possible.  

• Posted

Hi

Yes it does burn and it is very hot  and has been ever since it was in a cast and yes like you it does not feel right.

Yes this was only just mentioned to me last week by physio might know more this week but it is my fingers they are locked and I am doing exercises religiously.

Thanks for replying I feel as though I am just moaning but I know something isn't right and I am quite a strong person or WAS!!!!biggrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.