CRPS AND COSTOCHONDRITIS

Posted , 3 users are following.

Wondering   How many with costochondritis have also been diagnosed with CRPS?   

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I am an Amerian white 28-year-old male disabled Navy veteran. I have had Complex Regional Pain Syndrome since 2009 after sustaining 5 injuries on active duty in 2010 had type II CRPS cited the Chicago Rehabilitation Institute seen Dr. Norman Harden an expert on CRPS. After denied recommended care through the VA system of ketamine infusions in 2014 was diagnosed with Stage III CRPS. Received ketamine infusion care through Dr. Ashraf Hanna in January 2015. On 5/17/2017 - eight years after on set was diagnosed with costochondritis. - Derek Peeples, of Florida
  • Posted

Omg I've had crps for 14 years and last year started getting chest pains and have now been diagnosed with costochondritis. Didn't know they were linked. Any information you have would be great!

• Posted

Interesting that you posted this.  I have dealt with CRPS and a few months ago was diagnosed with costochrondritis.  I'm afraid that I don't have words of wisdom, but I understand these conditions are caused by how the brain reacts to pain.  It would be wonderful if a cure was found.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.