CRPS at a lost for words

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm new here and but not new to the pain i feel. I am now finding out that all this pain is not in my head. However my ortho doctor has told me at this point she is not sure what to do. I have be prescribed amitriptylne which did nothing. I didnt dare ask for any pain meds even though the pain is unbareable most days. My doctor now want to send me to VCU medical center in Richmond, Va. or to Johns Hopkins MC in Baltimore Maryland. After going online to research about both facilities I think Johns Hopkins may be better.

Some of the pain i am having is not what seems to be the normal symptoms. I have a hard time wearing a shoe because it feels like my foot is being crushed. I do have the burning and the sharp pains though. I had a buion removed in 2012 and a screw put in my big toe still had problems. July of 2017 I broke that same big toe with the screw in it, needless to say there is sever pain throughout my entire foot. I also have a problem with my sciatic nerve which runs down my left side and the pain is also now in my right foot as well. in November of2016 i had my c4,c5,and c6 repaired. I am having the most difficult time finding doctors that will listen to me when i say i real my pain is. I have not worked since june of 2016 its just impossible for me to stand for more than 30 mins to an hour. I currently have a boot on my left foot because the pain in that foot is worse and i walk with a cane. I hate that others are suffering from this but i am relieved to know that i am not crazy and not alone. If anyone has any info that may be helpful to me i welcome it. My husband has been my rock but he cant fully grasp the pain i am in. It has made me so depressed and withdrawn.. This has really affected my whole left side because i have had 3 rotator cuff surgeries, carpal tunnel, left trigger thumb, and tendon sheath release and to top it off I'm left handed. Thank you for reading and letting me share.

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Sorry for anyone suffering this disease, but I hope like me, you are fighting to keep mobile as long as you can.  May god be with you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.