CRPS family support

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm not sure my spouse will ever habe the slightest clue of the amount of pain I'm in. Even after it is explained by the doctor that diagnosed me I still don't think he has a clue. Can anybody relate? I also have a problem with my sciatica on my left side which is pretty much where all my pain is on my left side. We've been married 15 years together for 22 and has seen me thought all 9 of my surgeries and recoveries. Don't get me wro g he is aweaome and a God send I know he has needs most of the time my pain is so great sex is the furthest thing from my mind. Can anyone relate or suggest?

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I can relate to this massively. Even though my wife knows of all my ailments, she still thinks of me as an able bodied man. This is mainly because I handle it so pretty well and outwardly there appears to be nothing wrong with me. That's unless you know me and can notice the variation of facial expressions exhibiting my pain. That plus the hobbling as I walk. It's ok because I wouldn't expect her to know because she's not me, just as I can't say how a maigrian affects her. It's all relative to the individual really and that's how I try to deal with it on a personal level each day.

Regards

Christian

• Posted

I can relate to this massively. Even though my wife knows of all my ailments, she still thinks of me as an able bodied man. This is mainly because I handle it pretty well and outwardly there appears to be nothing wrong with me. That's unless you know me and can notice the variation of facial expressions exhibiting my pain. That plus the hobbling as I walk. It's ok because I wouldn't expect her to know because she's not me, just as I can't say how a maigrian affects her. It's all relative to the individual really and that's how I try to deal with it on a personal level each day.

Regards

Christian

• Posted

Hello, I know what you mean. I have dealt with this for years and in the begining my wife did not understand and would actually get mad at me for being in constant pain but when it caused me to lose my job and I ended up on disability she began to understand. After being at home everyday for 2 years unable to get around due to the pain, she is now completely supportive. I have explained the pain I have in great detail to her and she knows what my life is like. Try to tell him in complete detail what the pain is like and what it has done to your life. Good Luck and God Bless
  • Posted

I understand, I think you guys in this forum are the only people that understand our pain.

My husband is not a mind reader and I shouldn't expect him to know how I'm feeling from 1 minute to the next.

I've been very independent all of my life and have had to learn to ask for help.

Try and have compassion for family members, and remember CRPS does not come with a handbook.

• Posted

Everyone, My name is  Gary you can read my story earlier in this discussion. well it got worse. They stopped my pain meds. I thought my life was over.I am poor with two teenagers to support. I bought a quell pain reliever out of desperation for $250. For me it worked!!!! I could not believe it. I still have some pain but I can live with it. I live again. The neuropathy, and other chronic pain has lessened. My god, you have to give this a try or at least look into it. QUELL, it gave me life I hope it works for you too. Less pain more life. Sincerely, Gary

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.