CRPS low mood, doesn't help!! Loss of license.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I've beat this illness 13 years ago, but after an accident breaking my right leg and requiring surgery a year and a half ago, I've been left with CRPS again. In warrior mode I've soldiered on and kept upbeat, it's took a while and is still painful but I am back riding my horse, the feeling of freedom out weighs the pain. I feel the way to beat this disease is to keep active no matter how bad it gets.

However, a shocking letter from DVLA has ripped my heart out, they have taken my license off me as they say I am unsafe driving (I've been driving over a year safely without a problem) it has taken them a year to decode this. I'm an HGV driver with the job centre on my back to get a job!!

Now I'm lying on the sofa in excruciating pain, unable to get to my horse and wondering where I go from here??

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Karens176,

I'm sorry that you lost your freedom. I too have lost my freedom. So, I hired a retired woman to drive me to appointments and errands.

She and I have become great friends now. We shop, go to lunch...

The has given me some freedom. Perhaps you could hire someone to drive you to ride your horse.

Good luck,

Lynn

• Posted

Hi Karen you do sound very brave and strong.

Can you appeal the decision ? Get a lawyer involved to appeal it with help of a doctor ??

As you say we need to keep moving so try get up and move around maybe pain will go down

• Posted

Hi Karen 176!

I'm so sorry you are going through this. We've already lost so much in having this disease! I'm just wondering why they took your license.

Was your accident that broke your leg a vehicle accident? Did the letter give you a reason why they took your drivers license? Did your Dr send in something to your DVLA that showed the medications you're on? BTY. what does DVLA stand for? We have the DMV, Department of Motor Vehicles in Texas

You said you had been driving for over a year with no problems......what changed?

I'm asking for clarity because there's so many of us out here that this might happen to because of the medications we're on! I know each state has their own laws. I'm in Texas, as I said, and have been on strong medications for 5 years. I drive very, very little. Not because I've been told not to, but because of the meds I'm on. I feel in control, but the person that had 1 too many drinsk, drives and gets pulled over and given a DUI, thought they were in control too!

I'm not judging.....I have no right to because I take strong meds and drive about a mile to the store and I feel in control. But if I had a vehicle accident, I could be given a citation for DUI and my license taken away. It's a big rush I take every time I drive....even if it's just a mile!

I do know that the 3 copy prescription I get from my PM Dr, the Dr, by law, has to send a copy to the DMV here in Texas. I don't know, but when I go next year to renew my license, mine might be taken away when they pull up my file and see the medications I'm on.

Anyway, I truly am so, so sorry this has happened to you. I hope and pray you can find a solution to get to your horse to ride and all the other things you may want to do!

Blessings,

Browneyes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.