cruel cut

Posted , 3 users are following.

Worst mistake of my life, nothing but pain and discomfort, sex life ruined as well. How much commision do these F P conmerchants get for persuading people to get sniped?The fpa clinic that I saw told me all the niceities about the op but never never told me about any problems which are clearly common

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I also have had many problems with yhe snip,lots of pain and discomfort
  • Posted

I had a vasectomy in November 2012 - within a week there were issues.

For the 1st 8 to 10 weeks they wasted time treating an infection that wasn't there! Amoxyclav, followed by Ciproflaxin followed by doxycyclin.....when it became obvious there was no infection they referred to urology to discuss potential issues.

Bearing in mind we were told by surgery "that there is no evidence of long term risk to men's physical or mental health"!

The urology department felt it was Post Vasectomy Pain Syndrome and prescribed Oramorph.

Due to the sloth like speed of the NHS we were forced to go private as the pain was too high to wait around and the consultant confirmed a diagnosis of Post Vasectomy Bilateral Scrotal Pain. That was in March 2013.

Since then it has been agony, pain management clinic have recommended a new drug which I am waiting to go on.

It has ruined my sex life, quite simply we don't have one anymore!

It has impacted on my work - still off sick due to high levels of pain made worse by movements etc, although this is receding....slightly!

It has impacted on relationship with family and friends and social life is about non existent.

They can't cure it as they admit they don't know what causes it! How can any Dr perform a procedure when they don't know what causes a rather large risk outcome??? And not forgetting of course the wonderfully open and transparent and honest NHS told me there was no long term risk!

The honesty and integrity of the medical profession is at an all time low in our household - in essence never to be trusted again.

The pain is hard to describe, but if you imagine a stabbing pain coming in waves followed by a constant ache for days then you'd not be far off. I suppose the best example would be to imagine constant bad tooth ache in your testicles.

The emotional effect of this is devastating...to go from a very active sex life to no sex life is beyond belief.

PVPS / PVP - post vasectomy syndrome can affect upto 14% of men - funnily enough no one told me there was an up to 14% chance of ruining my life or having no sex when I went for it!

In essence if you are considering a vasectomy my advice would have to be don't! But if you do and you are willing to risk PVPS / PVP then make sure you disbelieve any facts and figures provided by the NHS and do your own research on stats, rates, pain ratios etc.

Not sure if a link is allowed by http://vasectomy-pvp.blogspot.co.uk is my blog detailing how bad it can be when a vasectomy, which is simple and safe, becomes a living nightmare

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.