Crunching sensation in chest

Posted , 6 users are following.

For the past few months now i have experienced an odd crunching or crackling sensation at the left lower area of my chest. It only happens first thing in the morning when i take a deep breath or yawn and then that is it for the rest of the day. It is happening on an almost daily basis now. I have been to my GP and had normal bloods and a normal chest x-ray and there is no further follow up arranged.

I have no cough or worsening shortness of breath. I suffer quite badly from anxiety but otherwise have no other health problems and do not take any medications. I have previously smoked (social smoker, at most 20 per week) however no longer smoke.

I am anxious this could represent some underlying respiratory condition or even cancer.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

HI it could be anxeity or gerd which is worth cheecking out. it shoudnt be cancer as they have done x rays . best of luck

• Posted

No, my dear, do not put you mind on cancer! Look at good breathing exercises and eat your food slowly....could be a wind....do see that you poo (sorry) on a regular basis...with your age and your doctor's findings...I am sure there there is nothing to worry about....do not go on drugs for your anxiety....try some camomile tea sweeten with some raw honey....how about some gentle walking...it calms the nerves.....please write back if this does not help...we are all here for you....

• Posted

I have that in the mornings, a right crackle in my case, only a bit of mucus that you either cough up or it drains away by itself. Highly, highly unlikely to be anything serious like cancer especially as X rays have ruled this out

Anxiety is the worst thing for actually giving you symptoms that are nothing at all in reality, follow the advice of Ironbutterfly, and take natural remedies, manuka honey is really good

• Posted

Chest X-rays only show up serious damage to your lungs, they aren't that accurate. You may have allergies, they can affect you just in the morning. Ask to see a pulmonologist.

Also are you or have you been on the contraceptive pill? If you have, ask for a d-dimer blood test.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.