Crushing Tiredness ?

Posted , 8 users are following.

hi

im finding that im so tired on Cita. does anyone else? i cant stop yawning and i feel like im been forced to fall asleep. i also find that im anxious in the morning and much better later in the day. i take my pill when i get up.

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I think this is quite common. I have been taking it for years and this is something i can relate to on a daily basis. I am considering switching to taking it at night to see if it helps with lethargy throughout the day.
    • Posted

ive only been on it 7 days today. i heard about swapping to night time. but does that not mean that the best effect the pill gives you will be when you are asleep and then weaker during waking hours
  • Posted

This happened to me too ,constant tiredness. I switched to taking it at night and so much better! Worth a try !
  • Posted

Hey Turvell

I too feel awful in the morning and get much better of an evening. However I take my tablets early evening and I still feel the same. Having done some research it is due to cortisol (stress hormone) levels building up in the body while we sleep. These lessen throughout the day, sadly doesn't offer much comfort I know. But as they say knowledge is power. May be try taking them in the evening...see if it helps any.

Mist

• Posted

Hi, I found I was very tired and muddled so on advice from this forum I changed to evening and found this does help. I do still get tired during the day but not as bad.

I did wonder about the benefits at night as was still waking feeling very low so my prescription has been increased (after 3 months).

7 days is still very early days though, I think it took me about 2-3 weeks before side effects eased.

Good luck

• Posted

Hiya,

I was on these for 4 years and found the tiredness exhausting for the first few weeks (as I am now!) However, it did pass and I got completely back to normal - just need to ride out the first few weeks.  I take my tablet after breakfast as otherwise I found it woke me up at night more than normal....also taking after food seems to help limit the upset stomach and trips to the loo!

I think I remember it takes a while for your body to get used to the tablets - they are changing levels of seratonin in your brain so there's bound to be some unwanted affects at first.  I am also very tired most of the day and yawn all the time but I assure you it does pass in time.....

• Posted

Hi

I'm. Glad to hear that it passes. Really struggling at work. I just want to sleep. I soldier on smile

• Posted

Yep it's tough going, I hear you!  If it helps at all, I am almost 3 weeks in and today I am feeling a little brighter - I still feel tired and headachy but not nearly as bad as I was a few weeks ago.  Try and congratulate yourself on the small positives throughout the day and keep remembering that you won't always feel like this - that's what keeps me going as I've been here before and know it doesn't last forever!  Something else that may help - if you are constantly checking different sites for information on how you feel/side effects etc you're likely to mostly only get negative comments and these aren't helpful when you're feeling low.  Best to limit the times you're on these sites as I think it just fuels anxiety - I've started to only look once or twice a day and then try and forget about it and move on with the day x
  • Posted

Hi Turvell,  Me again...I think I mentioned before, my doctor told me to take Cital 30 min before bed with a little food.  It not only helps me with sleep, but I never had the side effects that most suffer from during the day.  A friend of mine is also on Cital, and their doctor told them to take it at night with a little food 30 min before bed, and they don’t have any of the issues during the day either.  Now, I know everyone is different, so maybe I was just lucky, but it might be worth a try for you and others with these issues.  Sure couldn’t hurt to try.  I have been on Cital 20 mg for 3 years, and still doing great on it.  If after trying this, you are still having this problem, I would talk to your doctor, maybe another medication would be a better fit for you.  I wish you good luck Turvell! 

• Posted

I always taken mine at night changed once but was so tired in day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.