Crushing upper back pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all

Can someone tell me if they have ever had what I can only describe as crushing upper back pain similar to what you would get when you have heartburn but its just in my darnnit back and it feels like there is a pressure feelig on the upper part of my spine. When the spine is touched there is no pain either!

I sleep ok, I wake up it feels normal but then it starts again mid morning leading all the way into the night, its frightening me now to the point I think this might be a tumor on my spine from lung cancer. 

Been to the GP twice and they say its posture & muscular, I am at a loss, feel like my back is strained (like it would when you have been standing for a long time) but just upper back - also was picking some shopping up the other day and my right hand got painful like a spasm, could this be related?

I am so nervous to go back to the GP, any advice would be very welcomed.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Just an update

I went back to my GP about 10 days ago and he sent me for a chest xray - the results are clear & normal. The cough has more or less stopped but the back ache is still there and a few breathing problems (feels like I am breathing through a straw), GP said if the chest xray is clear then he will send me for some lung function tests - he gave me a reliever inhaler too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.