Crusty & bleeding mole - advice needed

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello,

I have had a mole on my middle finger (right hand) for as long as I can remember. I have, over the past few years, noticed it getting bigger but there has never been any pain/discomfort associated with it. Last week I noticed that it had started to get "dry" (i.e. when I touched it it felt harder than normal and almost like it was cracking) and, as of earlier today, it randomly started bleeding.

To add context, I have been moving over the past few weeks so 1). I have been doing a lot of lifting/moving things so may have caught it without knowing 2). We've changed soaps in our bathrooms so this could be causing the dryness - I suppose I am just looking for some guidance on what it "looks" like. I have an appointment with my dermatologist on the 12th of October - that's the earliest appointment I can get where I stay in Scotland.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

imageimageimage

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.