Crusty, bloodshot and blurry eye

Posted , 2 users are following.

four days ago I had an eye exam and the next morning I woke up with a problem in one eye, it had a build up of crust, was bloodshot, and was slightly blurry for a few minutes when I first woke up as if there was mucus over my eye. every morning when I wake up the same symptoms occur, but my eye stays bloodshot all day, and it feels like there is something on my eye. I wear contacts every day but I am always careful to be sanitary when putting them in and taking them out. I do not believe it is pinkeye.

ps; there is no itchiness or sensation of dryness. image

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

sorry for the poor image quality! I also just remembered that on one occasion the affected eye's pupil was noticeably larger than my other eye's. This is not happened since this one occasion though. Thank you!

• Posted

I think it may be an infection or a tiny abrasion or a tiny ulcer, on your cornea, in your eye. You may need Chloramphenicol drops or ointment. If you are in UK you can only get these on prescription.Until it clears dont wear contact lenses. You could try getting some artificial tears drops and using them several times a day to see if that helps, but dont ignore it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.