Crying my eyes out.

Posted , 5 users are following.

my dr just said they wont consider me positive for lyme because i only got one band and "the cdc only confirms positive if you have two" i truly do not understand!!!!! why would i test postitive for an ELISA test then positive for a band . two months ive felt so sick with horrific symtoms and to hear this just ruined my day. im officially tired of living this way. how can doctors not know what is wrong with me.. why am i feeling these symptoms?? 😢 someone please help me

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

doctors dont understand lyme. at all. we had a similar situation. I had to order the lyme test because I was convinced it was lyme.. The doctors told me they’d never had a lyme patient with seizures before. So it clearly could not be that. Even after I had the test they were still not convinced. they actually looked at the lyme test and put it aside and said we’re not going to worry about that right now. ONCE WE actually found a tick in bedded in his bag. That’s when they finally took it serious. AND That is when I fired my doctor! BECAUSE I WAS paying him three to $400 every time I went in. and I was the one telling him what the problem was. go on facebook and look for the mega sized group BUHNER! this group was a lot of help for me. But really me doing my own research was the most help. Unfortunately I don’t know how someone with lime can do research and have much understanding. Because of the foggy brain. if you can find someone with a heart chamber hyperbaric chamber. That will help the most!

• Posted

I would definitely find a new doctor, lyme tests are not 100% accurate so you very well could have Lyme. Dont give up there are doctors who will treat you for Lyme even w/o the test.

• Posted

I read your other post as well and wanted to second that you may want to find a new doctor. I tested negative for lyme and I was still prescribed the antibiotic, based on my symptoms. The earlier you start, the better, from what I've heard. Lyme tests are definitely NOT 100% accurate. And there is no textbook definition either, it presents so differently from person to person. Definitely get a second opinion at least if you are still in this situation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.