Cryotherapy for PMR

Posted , 12 users are following.

I have been reading about the positive effects of whole body cryotherapy on inflammation. Wondering if anyone has had any positive or negative experience with it as it relates to PMR?

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

UPDATE :

Have now had 2 sessions of Cryotherapy and I don't feel any difference.

It may be too soon to judge but not sure I'll continue since it's not inexpensive and I would have liked to have felt something positive at this point.

As a matter of fact yesterday I felt pretty lousy but it could have been the cool damp weather that we are now experiencing so I don't want to be too quick to condemn it either.

Will update further if I choose to continue.

• Posted

I saw it used by Dr Christian of Embarrassing Bodies. It seems that they were trying to sell it as a cure for cancer among other things, Dr Christian did say to them there was no evidence of this. It also seems to be being used for instant weight loss. 
    • Posted

Ohhh Boy! Sounds more and more like a SCAM to me!! Although, to be clear, since I'm having such a tough time with the heat and profuse sweating, it might be kinda refreshing!😉😁.

• Posted

lynda - I assure you it will take certainly take care of that problem, if only temporarily.  rolleyes
    • Posted

Lol....it's so nice to laugh! It's Amazing what a good sense of humor can do!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.