CS and PIP

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have finally been awarded PIP, after having to live on my husbands low wage for over 12 months. I was told last year that I was not suitable for surgery as my CS was inoperable, too many discs involved.

Since I have been awarded PIP, I have slso been awarded my blue badge and my bus pass.

Now I feel I can start living again.

I am still taking anti - depression tablets, as I got so low.

Let me know if anyone else is having/or has had the same amount of trouble as I have had.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lesley

i have had a very similar experience to you.  I also get pip and have a blue cadge which really helps when my husband takes me out - I can no longer drive due to my CS.  I can't have an operation as I have trouble with blood clots.

it is a relief to get pip and to be acknowledged.  

Juliet

• Posted

Hi Juliet.

it sure is great to be acknowledged. I had my driving licence taken off me due to all the medication I am taking. I had a bit of an incident, and because it was reported, I had my licence revoked. It was for the best, I know that now.

• Posted

It is hard when you can't drive, you loose your independence.  Like you I am on medication that restricts driving.
  • Posted

Hi lesley1954,

I am awaiting my pip brown envelope to "invite" me to cross over from dla middle and full mobility. I am trying to be upbeat and optomistic that I will get get simular awards with pip. The unknown about when the envelope will eventually arrive is a pressure that should not be applied to people who have already been assessed as disabled, physically or mentally, and would probably not be allowed in any other course of life.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.