CS and tinnitus

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi,

I have CS with dizziness, headaches etc. I now have tinnitus 24/7, does anyone have tinnitus with their CS? If so, what treatment are you taking for it? Many thanks.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi jayn,

The trouble with c/s is the many different ways it can affect you. Luckily I don't get headaches or tinnitus. On the other hand I do have balance problems, heavy sore legs, loss of body strength, bladder problems and lack of feeling in both hands and feet.

Mind you, I have suffered for 6 years now but you may stabilise at where you are today.

Best wishes,

Mike.

• Posted

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply. I was diagnosed less than a year ago and Since then it's got progressively worse. I can put up with a certain amount of pain it's the muzzy head and dizziness I can't cope with. Life is on hold at the moment, need to get this under control. So far only been OTC pain killers, perhaps it's these that are causing tinnitus.

I haven't got all of your symptoms, at least not yet, sounds horrendous.

My best wishes to you

• Posted

I have had bouts of dizziness in the past.  I did hear in a youtube video (I suggest watching ones from Dr. Mandell) that neck/back problems, especially with what's called the SCM muscle, can cause all sorts of problems like you describe.  

• Posted

Hi Jayn

Just had ACDF surgery 3 weeks ago. I think it has helped with the pain BUT not helped with the tinnitus so far...

I did not have 24 * 7 tinnitus until I had a blackout 9 months ago - which was related to spondylosis.

Has it improved for you?

I have had hearing tests which show small hearing loss -but no guidance on how to improve it. I think this is one area where the science is not able to help that much, from what the hospital said to me. If you know differently I would love to hear about it.

take care

Christine

• Posted

Hi Christie,

Thanks for replying. Symptoms still the same, good and bad days. Tinnitus unyielding. Waiting for an ENT appointment. If and when I get it perhaps I'll get some answers. I'm not aware of hearing loss but sometimes people's conversation can sometimes seem a little muffled. So pleased that you have had a successful op, at least that is a step forward. I wonder whether my tinnitus is self inflicted from taking too many nsaids, who knows. I will keep in touch if I have any useful information.

Regards

• Posted

I am 55 with CS and Tinnitus.  I have had the Tinnitus for about 20 years and always attributed it to loud music.
  • Posted

I am 55 with CS and Tinnitus.  I have had the Tinnitus for about 20 years and always attributed it to loud music.
  • Posted

Hi Jayn: 57 y/o male here with cervical spondylosis, hypertension, very bad tinnitus and hearing loss. YES, there is a correlation between cervical spondylosis (DDD) and tinnitus, and possibly also hypertension. Some who get C-5 and/or C6-7 repaired with either ACDF or better, an artificial disc replacement, which is done often in West Germany, some of them recover from tinitus and hypertension. There is belief that the arthritis nerve pain to the sympathetic nervous system, contributes to tinnitus abd hearing loss, and curculatory factors may also contribute. The Chinese have been aware of this correlation for centuries, your ENT has probably never heard of it, but I've been researching it for weeks now.

Suggest you Google "cervical arthritis tinnitus" as you will find at least one NIH white paper on this topic, which I am paraphrasing. Also, the NSAIDs and some of the other meds we take can damage your hearing, as they are ototoxic, including melixicam, naproxen, aspirin, and ibuprofen. There is a large reference book on this called "Ototoxic Drugs Exposed", by Neil Bauman, which I bought, so if there are particular meds you are interested in, let me know, and I'll share their ototoxic rating. Hope this helps.

• Posted

Hi everyone,

I'd forgotten about this thread and just came across it again browsing through looking for similarities with my cs.

If you are still looking in it would be great to hear how is everyone doing.

I still have the same issues, light headedness, muzzy head, aching neck and shoulders, headaches, tinnitus and more.

I had my appointment with ENT and he couldn't find anything wrong in that department, suggested my symptoms were caused by my neck problem, probably cervicogenic headaches and dizziness.

I haven't been back to my doctor since, been trying to muddle on, some good days some not so good.

As I am only taking otc pain killers at night I am not controlling the pain, afraid of causing other problems if I take too many. I think I should now try some prescription meds but don't know which ones.

One of you suggested Dr Alan Mandell and I have found him very helpful.

I have anxiety through this cs problem, keep thinking what if it's something else like PMR and GCA.

Haven't driven in a long time, my life has stopped more of less. I don't do many of the things I used to, even shopping is a chore.

I hope you are all coping well, please let me know how you are.

Best wishes

J

• Posted

I am using CBD capsules and ointment for my pain.  Has allowed me to stop taking otc meds.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.