cs,ls

Posted , 3 users are following.

:cry: :cry: :cry: were is every one ?? Macca

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Im here, Macca..... :D *waves*

I think with the ups and downs of CS, some people go AWOL for a while and then come back.... Maybe being in here all the time is too much of a constant reminder of what we and others have to live with...!!???

I miss everyone here too..... :cry:

• Posted

Flutterbye, good to know some one is there, think your right about staying away now and then as i have been AWOL for 4months now so understand. Having a terrible time my self at mo, off to see another surgeon tomorrow as sacrum disc and l1 have blown now, mobility crap, pain crap, mood !!!!. Bloody spondy has real messed my life plan up, am trying to beat it and stay in work but need to rest at mo. Community physio and OT coming to assess me today as i need some bites to enable me to live as independently as possible (as do we all). Ok feeling sorry for myself has passed, thanks for just being there. Macca :cry: xx
  • Posted

Hiya Macca....Im still here...I hope you are feeling better today than when you posted!!!!!

Sending you lots of *HUGS* and happy thoughts...Its not easy living with this thing, but i try to jus take one day at a time...Take gentle care of YOU...Love Jassy..xx.. :fairy:

• Posted

Hi Jassy and all. Few, finally some relief from this flare up with the aid of Morphine. Side affect not to nice but i do get days were i wake up and pain is not the first thing i feel.... social service came to visit to day and the social worker thinks i should try for DLA carers and DLA mobility, as I am unable to write for any length of time she is going to visit again next week to fill the form in with me...thats one worry being sorted.... thanks for hugs really felt your good wishes when i needed them most :D. Starting to get to grips with walking sticks and peoples reactions to them,so as you can probable tell mood has lifted to .....long may it last....YOU take good care my friend and we will chat soon..xx :D
  • Posted

Hiya Macca..... *waves*

Im soooo glad you have found some pain relief!!!! Also having social services to support you is great.... :D

Its 6.30am here in Australia....Ive only had 3 hrs sleep..... sad I am going into Hospital tomorrow for 7 days to come off all my morphine etc.... :shock: :roll: I am terrified of whats going to happen...Its really the unknown that im scared of. Coming off my meds is a good thing for me...I have been on high doses of Morphine based drugs for 18 months now...since my surgery, and i have been on Mersyndol forte and valium (not sure what they are called in the UK) for over 6 years....My body is just so used to them that they hardly work anymore......I will be on a Ketamine drip for the 7 days...It works by reseting my brain to be sensitive to the meds again and if any of my pain is neuropathic, that will go away too.... :D Fingers crossed that it works for me....

You take gentle care of yourself, OK..??????

*HUGS*....Jassy..xx... :fairy:

• Posted

WOW, Hi jassy. OMG. I so hope all works out well for you, how brave, you seem to have a better understanding of CS in Aus than we do in the UK. Just had my appt for the epidural injection but was very disapointed to hear that they will only do lumba area and i will have to start all over again for my neck, Jan 11th 2011 sad so seems I wont be pain free for any length of time, was so feed up after pain clinic this week that i sat down and put pen to paper. I wrote a lengthy letter to my consultant giving great detail of how this dam condition is affecting my life and how the NHS is disabling my more as I seem to constantly wait on there waiting lists to try and get this pain under control. Had a visit to day from works personal dept who i must say have been very supportive but out lined that when I am able to return to work it may be the case that I will not be able to continue as an occupational therapy support worker, sad sad sad I must say that after writing my letter to the consultant I did not recognise the person I was writing about, it felt as though I was writing about one of my patients ..... It was quite a shock to acknowledge that the person was ME :cry: :cry: like you have I lived with this demon for so long I could not see or didn't want to see just how disabled I have become.......Any way the very very best of luck, will be thinking of you, drop a line when you are able. God bless you my friend. xxxxx HUGS sent. xx
  • Posted

Hugs sent and thinking of you Jassy. xx loves macca. xx :hug: xx
  • Posted

Thanks Macca.... I have been home from Hospital for 5 days now, but im absolutely and totally exhausted....apparently thast is a common side effect...I will tell you about my week in hell another time, ok...Tis late here and i need sleep!!!

Hope you are doing ok...Sending you warm comforting *HUGS*......Jassy..xx.. :fairy:

• Posted

Hay Jassy,

Hows things?? I okish, still waiting to try this epidural to see if it helps with pain but not putting to much hope on it. Saw my surgeon again today he still stands by his original opinion that surgery would make my condition worse, so no chance of any thing changing in the near future for me. realy hope your doing well, would send warm hugs but we have a lot of snow in Wales at the moment so sending fire side hugs to you my friend. Take best of care.

maccaxx

• Posted

well i finally found out what my mri results said or rather didnt say,,lol. i dont have ms or any such illness' so i am no nearr and am waiting for another app with the neuro????? chris x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.