CS symptons, pain going into head not shoulders.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi there I am a 63yr old lady who has always been fit and active up to about 6 months ago, running 3-4 times a week.

I started having stiffness and a bit of pain now and again in my neck about a year ago and have recently been diagnosed with cervical sponylosis in c5-c6.. I havent had an x-ray or scan but am having physio at the moment and relentlessly doing my stretching exercises and some resistance exercises to try to build up the muscle supporting the neck. I don't have pain in shoulder or back, mine goes from neck up the back of my head up to the top of the head. The pain in the neck feels like someone is nipping or pinching me very hard on both sides of neck. The nights are the worst when lying down. I read everything I can about  this condition, however there isn't a lot written about the symptons I am experiencing.  Is there anyone who has similar symptons to mine on here? I would be really interested to hear about your experiences.

Jen

0 likes, 16 replies

Report / Delete

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have read all these posts and I have the same problems.  The difference is I have had surgery on my neck to fuse two vertebrae together.  I'm not sure what's causing this because the last time my neck pain resulted in pain in the shoulders and arms and this time it is my head.  You should not let a GP fool around with this type of problem go to an orthopedic doctor.  They will get you an MRI fast.

Report / Delete Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up