CT colonoscopy

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone had a CT colonoscopy. ? I had one 10 days ago and haven’t as yet heard back from Dr.  !! 

Would they have contacted me sooner if they had found something sinister ?? 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Waiting for results can be a very anxious time.  They should have told you at the time of the CT when the results will be available.  I wouldn’t just wait and worry, ring the doctor or secretary and say sorry to trouble you but could you please tell me when my results will be available.

Hope all turns out well, take care.

• Posted

How did you find the procedure?

I have one in two weeks and very nervous. Literally no idea what to expect!

Did you get sedation or awake through it?

• Posted

Ok. So after an horrendous colonoscopy I was a nervous wreck. But I listened to the amazing staff that did the procedure.  They were fantastic.  

It’s unpleasant and uncomfortable and because of my awful experience with the colonoscopy I was so scared. 

They have to inflate your bowel with air which feels really odd. And a “little” painful. But definitely 100%better than colonoscopy. And it was over and done very quickly.  I did also feel a little nauseous as I had to lay on my tummy   But seriously it was fine.  I’d have another 100 x over a colonoscopy.  

Good luck and hopefully you get the answers you need xx

• Posted

Hi Fiona

I found out about CT colonoscopy through your post. I am in total agony for past 5 months due to an anal fissure and very nasty haemorrhoids, keep asking my gp if there is any test or any medicine that can help me but they take it so lightly by saying, it is a very common problem. I am under the hospital care for past 3 months and they haven’t done a single test. I agree with you the colonoscopy is very invasive and I shiver with the thought of one, ( had one done years ago under sedation). All  they are offering me is EUA ( examination under general anaesthesia)with Botox injections. I think I will ask them for this CT colonoscopy in my next appointment.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.