Ct guided steroid injection

Posted , 4 users are following.

Continuing my discussion on on bulging discs and spinal stenosis I've been booked in for another ct guided steroid injection and was wondering what people's experiences are with these and success rate I've already had one that didn't work but have since had a nuclear bone scan which they think they have pin pointed the area to attack so to speak as a last resort before surgery

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Wayne,

I hope you have better success with these than I did - zero success!

Linda

• Posted

They never worked for me...ever.  If they do for you, it's very temporary and does NOT solve the stenosis problem.  My L2/L3 stenosis was cured by a one-level LLIF (lateral) fusion.  One night in the hospital, no rehab, immediate cure.

Search YouTube for "globus lateral) to see a cute animation (don't freak out over the retractor...you're asleep).  A General Surgeon opens you from the side and clears a path to your spine.  The neuro inserts the retractor, destroys the disk, inserts the "device", uses an Allen wrench to crank it open and backfills the device with a graft from your hip.  General Surgeon does the close.  90-minutes instead of a six-hour TLIF.  See the LLIF pic...  I woke up running down the hallways and climbing stairs pain free 2 hours after surgery.

• Posted

Before my issues had gotten as bad as they are now, the steroidal injections helped. You cannot receive them mor often than 90 days and for me the benefit and pain reduction although nearly immediate would taper off by 30 days. But when the pain becomes as big of an issue as it had for me, I would ask for and get them just to get 2-3 solid nights sleep immediately following the injections. I was desperate. I hope that helps. Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.