CT scan

Posted , 3 users are following.

My appointment has just come though this morning its not until the 23rd sept.

Its ages off.

Not sure what to do about work now. I mean what if they dont find anything by then and I have all this time off I will look silly and what if they do I will probably have to wait another 6-12 weeks for them to operate.

Oh I am so confused and scared.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Forgot to add does anyone know what they are doing when they do a CT scan is it just to check the size etc.

God now its here I am freaking out a bit :shock:

• Posted

Hi there Tracey72

I had to wait for a scan 4 years ago (due to fibroids) then they took me on for a day and went in with a camera. In total I was off work 6 months. 4 months while haing different test then 2 months after the operation. I had hysterectomy.

Ask the doctor at the hospital about working. He/She will then advise if it is ok for you to work and if so on a part itme basis etc.

I was having extremely heavy periods on and off over a 2 week period and had become quite anaemic. I was having injections for 4 months to stop the periods and doctor said no way could I work until after the operation.

So it really is best that you check with the hospital.

Good luck

Melbi x

• Posted

Thats quite a wait Tracey.

The CT scan it's self is fine - I had one for my kidney stones, infact thats when they found this cyst!!

I guess the next course of action will depend on what they find.

How do you feel Tracey? Do you think you could handle work? I thought I'd be fine until last week when the pain was bad, I know I'd never cope with work feeling like that.

I was back at my GP today as my sickline had ran out, and she's given me another sickie for 4 weeks.

I don't think it's fair for me to go back and then keep taking days off when I feel naff. Depends on what you do I guess. Only you can decide that one.

Take Care

Janice

• Posted

I work one to one with an autistic child at a High school so although it doesnt involve heavy lifting it wont do him any good if I am in and out of work

Hubby wants me to ring insurance company to see of we can bring the scan forward.

Trouble is when I feel ok I feel like I am skiving and I have been feeling a bit better as of late although have had a banging head all day

My sick note runs out on the 8th sept so I may ask my doctor what he thinks

God I hate waiting around for things :x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.