ct scan

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone

Would a ct scan with the dye test show cancer as I have had that and they weren't concerned maybe a bit of hope

Louise xx

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi I had one it shows how enlarged your organs are .. I'm due a pet scan and those show actual organ and body tissues ..to see if mine spread
  • Posted

Hi Louise, I had a CT scan with contrast in April - it showed my ovarian cyst.  It is not certain, but they can usually tell if they think it could be cancer.  So that is very hopeful for you.  I had to have the scan repeated a few weeks later, to see if the cyst had grown.  That usually gives them an indication if it needs to be removed.  They can only diagnose for certain though when the cyst is removed and then analysed, which can take a week or two, so more waiting.
    • Posted

Sadly I was told I have cancer last week so yes my told dermoid cyst was tested cancer ovarian small cell
    • Posted

Hi Amy

Did you get operated on to find out or was yours through ct scan

Louise xx

• Posted

I had my operation 20th of April and found out after I had infection x
    • Posted

so sorry to hear your news love xx can i ask how big your cyst was and if you had any symptoms xx

• Posted

im hoping so love as i had my ct scan 3 weeks ago and still awaiting my app with gyni xx but i guess they cant be certain until its removed and tested xx good luck hun.. how big is your cyst xx
    • Posted

Hi

I had stabbing pain they thought mine had twisted and started to haemorrhage

Louise xx

• Posted

Hi My cyst grew from December to April and ended up 6 cm mass .. I'm still in shock but healing now from infection .. I have a post on here somewhere "possible dermoid cyst " that says all but I had tummy pains for years then after my 3rd child they got worse and I demanded a scan that showed the cyst .. when I was staying in coz infection I had ct scan and the results to the biopsy and that's when they shook me up with result small cell carcinoma ovarian ..
  • Posted

thankyou for your replies xx im not feeling very good at all today.. feel very sicky but not too much pain and have stopped bleeding since yesterday xx bllaahhh im so fed up i just wanna go private xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.