CT scan clear, but no contrast

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey guys. I am 31 and have been dealing with lower abdominal, lower back, rectal pressure, and groin pain for 3 months. My urologist wanted to rule out anything sinister so she ordered a CT of the abdomen and pelvis without contrast. When I got the test done they said without contrast they wont be able to see most cancers and pretty much only be able to see kidney stones. I am aggravated and going to go back a demand that she order me a proper ct with IV contrast. They gave me a call with the results and said everything was clear, but I'm not satisfied. Is it necessary to go back and get the scan done right?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Since they are telling you that they won't be able to see much with a CT without contrast, you should go back and ask for one with contrast otherwise you will not be able to allay your fears and doubts. Ask why you were not given a contrast CT in the first place. Your doctor is the only one who can tell you if it is necessary

• Posted

maybemaybe you are allergic to the dye and they decided not to do the contrast I just sat had a CT scan done of my stomach and they had me drink a whole large glass of stuff like lemonade they said it was to make the picture better because I wasn't doing the contrast my sister and son are both allergic to the dye so they preferred not to let me use the contrast

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.