CT scan results

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi guys

So I got my CT scan results yesterday, and as I expected it came back with nothing. I have gallbladder-like problems and have had them for 7 years now. I asked about a HIDA Scan and the doctor didn't even know what that was. I am so confused and don't know how to move forward. The digestive issues, pale/loose stools and on/off abdominal pain is really annoying.

Any ideas what to do next? Because now the doctors just shrug me off.

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I finally convinced my doctor to refer me to a HIDA scan. Took forever.

It turns out its not  standard procedure in my country, so thats why he was so hesitant. I am waiting for a date. Hope this will bring me the answers I need.

• Posted

Hi tomjohn! Glad to hear you are getting a HIDA scan soon. Mine showed it was functioning at 21%. I had it taken out. My surgeon said it was covered in adhesions. (My husband thought he said fat). I am still recovering. I still have nausea but I also have gastritis. Either way it needed to be taken out. I have a feeling your gonna feel better real soon!!!!
  • Posted

So it's been two months since I first tried to get refered to have a HIDA Scan done, and I am still waiting for that to happen. Appearantly it's too much to ask inmy country, and nobody seems to know what the f*** a HIDA Scan is. I found certain hospitals which did the procedure and my GP refered me, yet the hospital rejected it due to the fact they don't know how to interpret the results! I'm getting so frustrated!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.