CT Scan results

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had a CT scan yesterday for ovarian cyst which is 15cm by 11cm. Gynaecologist put it through as urgent to determine what type of cyst or is. I've had bloods done which came back normal. Does anyone know how long I'll need to wait for results? Gynaecologist has already told me that it needs to be operated on and it will be open surgery. Hate the wait to find things out, just want a date for surgery I can organise things like childcare, sick leave and help with recovery!

3 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

thank God your bloods came back normal hun, thats good news x
  • Posted

Did you have your ultrasounds?  So, your Ca125 was normal?  The ultrasounds really show what type, is what I was told. I had mine, and a week later met with a gyn/oncologist. My surgery is this Wed.  It's going to be laparoscopy, both ovaries and uterus. Keep us posted. Prayers. 🙏

• Posted

Iv been waiting for 3 months for surgery...so frustrating, similar to you except I have kidney stone as well and will be getting renal stent at same time...I am getting pain from both problems now so I hope surgery is soon...I have a new job but they have been very accepting of my impending sugary. ..it's my second surgery I wish they would do full hysterectomy as I don't want to go back again! I have a uterus full of fibroids too. I won't be having more kids so I'm happy for them to take the baby carriage and just leave the play pen lol.

• Posted

Hi claireLa,

Your result of the CT should be back by now depending on how busy the radiology dept. is.  I agree, I hate to wait for things.  I will see a general surgeon on Wed to see about a removal of a lipoma and I'm going to ask him about removing my cyst and ovary as it is my second cyst on same ovary.  My gyn wants to do a full hysterectomy and I don't feel I need that.  I'm not sure what to do, remove the cyst and ovary, or just the cyst.  I'm pass childbearing and not too happy with gyn office for the past few years even thou I've had my gyn for close to 20 years.    

• Posted

Hi claire

Im not sure how long you will be waiting for surgery. It all depends on how "urgent" urgent is. Ive been waiting for a while now & im in constant pain like a lot of woman on here.

There is a good website you could go on to find help & support after your surgery. Its called turn2us.

Hope everything works out for you

Take care

Cheryl. X

• Posted

Thank you for all your replies!. 

I've had my results back from CT scan and booked in for surgery on 11th may and Gynaecologist now thinks it can be removed through keyhole now just is fantastic in terms of recovery! Plus hubby can take the time off to help with recovery and looking after son. The scan has also shown that there is something on my liver like a cyst? So they want to send me for a MRI but he has assured me that it is nothing to worry about. What is the recovery for keyhole? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.