CT scan showed Enlarged Gallbladder

Posted , 2 users are following.

Last Saturday i went to the ER and had a CT scan and they told me I had Colitis and an Enlarged Gallbladder, and while I was their they suggested to get something else done to treat it, but no insurance and had to inform my family before deciding since they were paying since the no insurance, but forgot to ask details about it like cost without insurance and if its medicine or a surgery and what is the procedure , which I would like to ask here if anyone has had an Enlarged Gallbladder and if they had anything done to unlarge it to prevent it from blocking w,e it does to cause severe stomach pain, which would need serious surgery?

I mainly want to know if its a treatment or a surgery to delarge it.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I think it is treatment, you may not need surgery. I think tablets can do the trick. Its just like lungs and heart, they do not need surgery to make them more effective, it requires simple tablets, unless of course they are in really bad states, but this is very rare.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.