CT SCAN TO CHECK FOR PREGNANCY!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am currently in SE Asia and have been paranoid for nearly 3 months that im pregnant - I have taken around 15 pregnancy tests which have all come back negative but i still wasnt convinced! So today I went to a hospital and asked for an ultra sound scan to check for pregnancy - it was extremely hard to communicate with them and they took me into a CT scan room.. I told them this is not an Ultra sound scan but they just kept telling me to lye down, it was a really awful experience.

Anyway afterwards they prescribed me with paracetamol.. brilliant. I asked them so many times 'am i pregnant' and it took forever to get a 'no'. I have just been reading online that a CT scan should NOT be performed during pregnancy and i cant believe they were so incompetent and performed it, i am extremely upset that i could have brought harm to my baby if i was pregnant.

Anyway my question is would they have actually been able to detect the pregnancy on the CT scan? I would be around 15 weeks now.. And should i believe them in there response that i am not pregnant? 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I am really unsure why you think you'd be pregnant after 15 neg preg tests. I have had 4 children and 4 miscarriages and I am a midwife and I've never ever seen a negative test when someone is actually pregnant unless the test was used before hormones were high enough to detect but that's unlikely as HCG the pregnancy hormones doubles around 48hrly

• Posted

Hun, if you were pregnant, one of those 15 tests would have come back positive. You're not pregnant .

And yes, a CT scan can detect pregnancy.

• Posted

how much is bhcg value if u hav taken!?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.