CT scan with contrast been booked

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, im a 45yr old male non smoker and social drinker. Im a generally healthy with no underlying medical conditions, or family history of severe illness. The only thing ive been diagnosed with is idiopathic hematuria which was told to me around two years ago. I have no other symptoms, appetite is fine and no major weight loss. However the last few weeks i was having twinges around different areas of the stomach and aching kidneys. I decided to have an ultrasound yesterday, all organs were fine however she thinks she found a hemangioma in the liver. The person undertaking the ultrasound says these are normal but mine had a fuzzy edge and to make sure all is ok she has sent me for a cat scan with contrast. Her opinion was it looks fine but best to check. I have health anxiety so my alarm bells are ringing with liver cancer. I understand the chances of me having this are low due to age and current health, has anyone else had a story like this?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hey man don't build a bridge of sticks that you may never cross. I had a liver hemangioma which was "atypical" and a year later it had disappeared. Was a big "nothing burger". Odds are greatly in your favor that its nothing. Get it checked out then move on. ❤

• Edited

dont go crazy thinking the worst, usually is not, i had a scare with an ultrasound, found what seem to be a mass in the liver, after the CT with contrast, it was just a calcified granuloma. I think your doctor took the right step and ordered the CT scan, that way you can rest assured everything will be fine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.