CT sinuses shows alot of issues

Posted , 3 users are following.

I got my CT scan of Paranasal sinuses. The report stated

polypoidal mucosal thickening in the left maxillary antrum. 

Mucosal thickening in the right frontal sinus and ethmoid sinuses bilaterally (left more than right)

Mucosal thickening along the right maxillary infundibulum. The right osteomeatal unit is patent. 

Root of the right third molar tooth Is seen protruding into the right maxillary antrum. 

Deviation of the nasal septum with convexity to the left with mucosal thickening  along the anterior aspect of the nasal septum. 

Hypertrophy of the right middle and both inferior turbinates,  right more than left. Partial pneumatization Of the right middle turbinate. 

Do these issues require a surgery. My doctors appointment with ENT is scheduled for end of month. I am getting recurrent chest infections, could any of these issues causing the infection?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

At least you have answers, I have yet to get offered a scan. Here in UK we get free health service, but have to wait for scans to be offered. I have constant sinus infections. Cannot breath through nose, have not been able to smell a thing for years. Hope you get a good outcome from all this knowledge. 

Good luck Maureen

• Posted

Oh wow, I feel for you. My doctor says he will try and manage with nasal sprays first and if they don't work will go for surgery. I have constant headaches and chest infections which i think are due to sinuses issues. I hope you get called for CT soon, i can imagine how frustrating it must be to not know whats going on

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.