CTS without numbness

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all,

I've been having wrist pain for already over 12 months. Especially when using my hands (smartphone, office work etc). It all started after I overplayed my PS4. It used to hurt a lot before I made several steriod shots. Now the pain is moderate but it did not go away completely. I have no numbness and tingling though. Just dull wrist pain and high tension when working with hands. Hands get tired very easily. The ultrasound showed that my median nerve was pressed. No tendonitis was found, no artritis either.

So my question is could CTS be without numbness or tingling - just wrist / hand pains, pressure or fatigue?

Many thanks for your feedback.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm not sure, but CTS seems to be the expression used for more than one problem.  

I developed pains in the upper side of my wrist, behind the thumb after using a reciprocating saw to cut some branches of a bush - so due to intense vibration over about one hour's work.

I have dull pains, but just when I think it's OK, I will suddenly get a stabbing needle-fine pain like a lightening bolt which stops me in my track.  I have been wearing a CTS support 24x7 for over 2 months now, and it does seem a little better, but it's still not back to normal.

It seems to occur mostly when I rotate my hand such as opening a jar lid, I can pick some quite heavy things up OK, but then putting a small bag into my pocket to go off shopping will suddenly set it off.  

Like you, I have no numbness or tingling at all.

Graham

• Posted

Thanks for the feedback. Did you check your hand and was also diagnosed with CTS? Hope you'll get better soon. It seems a little similar because I feel dumb pain as well when I rotate or twist my wrist or just simply do something repetitive.

• Posted

I don't think my GP really knew what it was, X-Ray showed nothing broken.

let's hope we both get better soon

• Posted

hello i had the surgery CTS october 2017 now december eveerything was good but until 3 weeks ago

i now have more pain then b4 and its 24x7 it almost feels like i broke something in my wrist had it checked

out not all is good this pain is far worse than i had b4 the op i cant do all simple things being right handed

its hard day day life

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.