Cubital tunnel syndrome

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am currently undertaking an Extended Project on Cubital tunnel syndrome which is the cell phone elbow, it is a Neurological injury and involves the Ulnar nerve that runs down the arm. Therefore I was wondering is anyone here is with this syndrome? Please if you don't mind can you please share your experience with me? Thank you so much! 

Does anyone know where could I get data and statistics for this syndrome? I have been looking everywhere online and books but I couldn't find any precise data and statistics so I can use to prove my Extended Project. 

Thanks everyone! Hope everyone is doing fabulous as always!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I too have this and my dr has recommended the Ulnar Nerve Transposition surgery.  I am searching for an alternative because the recovery is very long and I cannot afford that.  I also have Carpal tunnel so it would be a double whammy.  He gave me a document that describes the problem, the surgery and the recovery process but there is no website listed so I am thinking they customized it.  However, for your project you could look up hand care dot org.  That is where they printed off the info on the carpal tunnel.  It might lead you to it. 
  • Posted

I also have been diagnosed with cubical tunnel syndrome. Like the other responder I will also be undergoing surgery to relocate the ulnar nerve and to clean up some tendon damage from an injury.   I had a similar issue with my other arm several years ago but had a difference procedure done. I had a medial epicondylectomy on that arm.   It is a little harder to find information on this. You can also search “golfers elbow”. 

Good luck!!

• Posted

hello! did you have the surgery? can you give an update on how your surgery went if you did proceed with it? I am having ulnar nerve issues and just looking for advice and what to expect.

thank you

• Posted

I suffered with that for years did physical therapy elbow compression and lots more. I ended up no better so had ulnar nerve transposition surgery it's only been 8 weeks ago but it's already 90% better I'm shocked it worked so well as I put it off forever I wish I had done it long ago.

• Posted

I have had ulnar nevre problems for over 2 -3 yrs now worried the nerve damage is permanent . How long did you have yours for and how are you feeling now post sturgery

• Posted

Hello Tina! can you please give a update on how you're progressing after surgery.

Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.