cup cakes & weight loss

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all, I had my 3rd weigh in today and lost another 9lbs this month so that is a grand loss of 26.5lbs in total. I was pleased but would have preferred it to have been 10.5lbs because then I would have reached 2 stone exactly! Ah well, at least I know I will be over the 2 stone mark next month. So I went out to Waitrose and bought myself 2 cupcakes for a treat - went home and scoffed them both last night as I just LLLOOOOVVVEEEE cake of any variety and haven't had any for 3 months. They were completely delicious but I'm waiting for the repurcussions this morning. Ouch!

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Well done Nic.  It's hard work there's no denying that but worth it.  Have a fabulous holiday; eat, drink and be merry!!  Gillxx

• Posted

Hi Gill, I had a fab week away, the weather was glorious and the hotel was gorgeous. I didn't take my tablets with me because I knew it would hard to go fat free all week and I didn't want any "nasties" occurring on the plane or round the pool! The food was absolutely fab but I stuck to just having breakfast and dinner in the evening and just had water and diet coke during the day. It was fine because the breakfast was a buffet and it had so much choice but I avoided all cooked stuff and just had fresh juice, melon and fruit, and they did this lovely fruity bread and homemade marmelade so I had that. I did eat a lot for breakfast - about 3 glasses of orange juice, huge bowl of fruit and about 4 slices of the fruity bread (no butter) (quite thick but small slices - about the size of a small croissant). That kept me full all day and then I would have my dinner in the evening - that was 3 courses - usually salad to start, some sort of local dish for main such as lamb stew with cous cous and then pudding which was everything from fresh fruit to chocolate desserts. So, not saying I was completely good but I felt kept it under control until I got home - gained 8lbs. I say again, 8lbs. I was utterly gobsmacked and totally freaked out. I have never in my life gained 8lbs in one week. I am on the verge of saying "eff it". If that's what happens the minute you stop taking these tablets then I am off them. I mean, it's so brutal when you are on the diet, no fat whatsoever, and 1200 calories a day - I have thought for a while it's like starving yourself and last week just proved to me that is the case, because to gain 8lbs in one week is completely ridiculous. I have been to the U.S on a 2 week holiday many times and believe me, ate so much more than I ate last week (don't know if you know the portion sizes in the U.S but they are huge) and the most I ever gained was 5lbs over a 2 week period - and that came off within 2 weeks of being home. So to say I am depressed is an understatement. I said to my husband, to gain 8lbs in 6 days I would have needed to eat about 8000 calories a day and he laughed so much. There is just no way we did - I don't even drink alcohol for goodness sake. He thinks it's because I ate mainly carbs and avoided meats and proteins (no bacon or eggs passed my lips for breakfast) and because I wasn't exercising the carbs didn't get used as energy and so just stuck to my stomach as fat! I think he may have a point. At least I hope he has a point. Anyway, I am back on tablets and diet and am going to see if I can shift this 8lbs in the next couple of weeks although past history it's taken me about 7 weeks to lose that much. I had just got into my 14 stones (14.12) prior to this holiday and now back up to over 15.5 again. I really wanted to be at 14 stone by the time I go on holiday at end of July but I'll be lucky to be back down to 14.12 again. So effed off. I just want to get into my 13 stones and then I won't feel so desparate - but looks like that is months away again. And the summer holidays are fast approaching and we are away for 3 of those weeks - aaaahhhhhhhhh! I can see no end of this mahoosive arse and stomach. HELP.

Anyway, rant over. How was your holiday? I don't think you are home yet so let me know when you are back. I'll also reply to your email soon - just as soon as I am over this temper and frustration at gaining EIGHT POUNDS - for god's sake!

• Posted

Awww Nic - hope you're feeling better about things!  I was quite worried when I read this.  I am back at work today so the holiday is officially over sad.  I gained 5lbs in a week and a half which is actually better than I expected.  I have been known to put on almost a stone during a 2 week holiday!  Oprah once explained that when you diet and lose a lot of weight, your body is like a sponge just waiting to soak up all the fat it can to replace the stores you've used.  This is why dieters often end up putting more back on than they originally lost if they're not careful.  The trick is to stop dieting and develop a good maintenance plan well before you go on holiday.  That's ok if you hit your target in plenty of time but I never have so I end up dieting right up to the day I go on holiday.  Then even if you don't go mad - you still gain a lot of weight in a very short time.  The sad thing is that you probably wouldn't have gained much more if you had been there for another week or even two.  The good news is that weight which is gained fast can be lost just as fast if you're strict.  I'm starting today back on the diet and exercise regime and intend to lose at least 6 pounds before my next doctors weigh in on 3rd Jul.  Wish me luck!

• Posted

Hi babes, nice to hear from you. I'm glad you had a great holiday and only putting 5lbs on in a week and a half is fantastic - well done you. You will get that off you before your next appointment I have no doubt.

I hope what you say is true because honestly, last week I was so upset I just couldn't settle back into the diet and nearly gave up every day. However, had a couple of good bike rides and started officially back and properly again on Monday - I tell you, exercise for me is my life saver as it just sorts my head out good and proper. So, started again Monday, have been on the bike twice this week so far and am doing a 30 mile ride on Saturday with hubby and have been really good again. In my mind, called it day 1 and have decided to forget what happened prior to day 1 - started from scratch. Weighed myself today and have lost 2.5lbs so I'm hoping the rest comes off in the next 10 days so that when I next go to docs I can be at least another 3 down - if so shall just explain actually lost 11 lbs this month but had gained 8 so had to lose that etc etc. I'm not worried they won't give me anymore tablets as I was ahead of government target of 5% at my last weigh in.

We go away again end of July for 5 days (just hubby and me) and we are going to just eat fruit, salads, fish and meat. Basically protein and fruit and veg - kind of like doing a detox. Hubby said he will help me by sticking to this religiously as I have explained to him I absolutely must not put even a single lb on next time. He said perhaps the rapid weight gain was because I was eating mainly carbs with fruit and veg rather than protein, but doing no exercise and when you eat carbs but don't exercise your body just turns that to sugar and you absorb it and it turns to FAT! I think that makes sense as I have never gained weight like that before. Anyway, onwards and upwards as they say.

Must away to make din dins now - pork loins (fat removed), savoy cabbage, peas and gravy (sounds boring but actually one of my fave meals even when not on diet). Yummo!

Speak soon sweetie, and thanks for your words of wisdom, always a pleasure to receive and hear from you. xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.