Cure

Posted , 5 users are following.

I read the forum daily. So glad to have support and the knowledge of so many. We need now to write letters to someone to put more emphasis on this subject. Doctors give us comfort but don't seem to think it is serious enough. We're all listening. As a group it is time to make noise. God bless

3 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I agree! I’ve started to tell friends and they are as clueless as I was. But women and men are going untreated all over the world because they are ashamed to discuss with their doctor 

I am going to start a journal on my journey and I hope that I may be able to help others 

Once I have got my head around this myself - still early days for me x

• Posted

hi ricey70, I think its super important and such a good idea to journal as you learn new things about what works for you and what don't on your attempt to overcome this, I too have taken this approach and started writing down, all the useful bits of info I can find, trials and errors. The hardest battles are the ones against yourself 

• Posted

How do you start talking about it. Even my husband to this day never talks about it. Not sure I want to explain anymore, especially think about it doctors are not telling us anything. Seriously have they really explain anything to us what to expect. I agree start a journal any maybe we can find a middle ground.
  • Posted

You are so right.

It has ruined my enjoyment olf life for the past 6 months.

• Posted

Hi Diana- I certainly wish there was more education on this and Dr.’s knew the most up to date info and techniques available. As for a cure, I don’t know if that is possible considering this is an autoimmune disease brought on by stress or trauma to the area. As for my immune system, overall one would say I am a healthy person, but if I look back at 2 rounds of Mono and 2 rounds of pneumonia, bacterial vaginosis and Neblothian cysts, gallstones leading to its removal and 2 rounds of kidney stones, maybe I wasn’t as healthy as I thought? I work alot, have alot of stress in my life and always put others before me, is there a cream or pill that is going to stop that? I think not. Now I am forced to think of myself, lower my stress, monitor my diet and take care of me- this was a needed wake- up call....

Just my two cents...

• Posted

Clarification- when I say “needed wake up call”-  this us certainly not something I wanted, but now that I have it, it forces me to take better care of myself and be the healthiest me I can be. I say no to things that will add to my stress, I avoid things that will cause a tingle or flare ( hello wheat and chocolate) and I am more aware of myself everyday. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.