CURE ! Ecoli

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have had long term Ecoli infections for nearly three years. Post menopausal causes. Had investigations so only treatment has been Vagifem pessaries and use of either antibiotics or Dmannose /Cranberry as prevention although sometimes this doesn't work. I was free of infections for three months and more recently it has been six months. Any tips i can offer is .

1. Avoid femfresh intimate products

2. double void when going to toilet

3. drink plenty 

4. avoid fizzy drinks

5. use Dmannose

6. limit alcohol

7. avoid sugary diet

i tried before my Uti's ended potassium citrate but whether this was the cure i don't know. i have also tried Urva Ursi but please read up about this as it can be quite toxic.it should be used sparingly. It is so nice to be without infections although i am not taking things for granted. 

I found Urologists and Gp's not to have the answer to infections. I also think there is something about keeping the Urine alkaline but Hiprex is now not allowed to be prescribed. I have sometimes used sodium bicarbonate in water . I hope this helps someone and gives hopes that things can change although it does take time. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hiprex acidifies the urine.  Why is it no longer allowed to be prescribed where you are?  I'm in USA and you can get it here.   There are opposing views by experts on whether the urine should be acidic or alkaline in order to kill bacteria.

What is double voiding?  Is that for people that have retention?

• Posted

i,m in the uk ,it used to be prescribed but the evidence isn't strong enough for it to be prescribed anymore. Gp's weren't allowed to prescribe it only Urologists but even they can't now. we usually have to adhere with NIce guidance .double voiding is when you urinate  at the end when you think you have finished lean forward to push more out. so the bladder is totally empty and therefore minimising the risk of infections by retaining urine . 

• Posted

What about finding the exact E Coli and treating it appropriately with a view to killing/ eradicating it?

There are surely ways and means these scientific days but can the NHS afford it?   If it's important to you and your life would be better without the bug then you must get more forceful about your problem...........

I told a lady GP lately --- It's ok for the ladies they do not have a prostate but when a man has problems with the one he has he needs it sorted out!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.