Cure for Anal Fissure

Posted , 5 users are following.

After years of suffering and trying every possible cure I have only found 1 that works:

Go for a fissurectomy. Its a painless 1 day in hospital procedure and has a 90+% success rate.

I went for it in the morning, I was home the same day. There was a bit of bleeding for a week or so, but never had pain again.

The one thing that you need to do after the op is make sure your stools are soft always and forever.

So eat healthy, ditch the processed food, eat lots of fibrous fruit and veg and drink lots of water.

Forget about all this BS that is circulating the net. The op is the quickest and most effecting cure.

Done!

You won't regret it.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

You  are so right Ryan, everything else is a temporary fix!  I also tried all the lotions and potions and none did the job permanently.  Having the surgery is the way to go. Thanks for your posting.  
  • Posted

Hi,

Are you sure you don't mean a Spincteroctomy (** spelling). I just had that one, very little pain but, ironically it didn't work and I am three weeks post surgery. Doctor is recommending at fissurectomy and he warned me I am going to be in a lot of pain and will be taking drugs. I know someone who was out of work for weeks and couldn't sit for weeks upon weeks. I am petrified, I can't believe the Spincteroctomy has a 98% success rate, yet I fall into the 2%. Doc said it looks a little smaller but should have been healed by now. Mine was very big and painful. I still feel it. I am back on prescription cream hoping it may work now that I had the surgery. I don't want to get that dam Fissuroctomy.

• Posted

Hi reggiecat,  Not true that you will have a lot of pain after  I had a Fissurectomy/Sphincterotomy.  Before my sugery, my doctor told me: you will have no more pain after I've done this surgery on  you!  He was right, a doctor should not scare you like your doctor did.   It is possible that the surgery is not successful for everyone. But, who want's to live with this ongoing pain which almost takes over ones life. I do think it depends on the doctor who is doing the sugery.  Have you thought of going to a private clinic?  It may mean paying for it, but, it could be worth the cost.   I've been free of pain since I had the surgery back in May of 2014.   I wish  you well and hope you find a cure.
    • Posted

HI Karen,

That sounds hopeful. I had just the Spincteroctomy, not the Fissurectomy. The spincteroctomy was not too bad, he is warning me about the latter. I also know someone had it and it was bad (different doctor). I read posts and people are saying the can't sit for weeks upon weeks. So you had both done? How long was your recovery? Were you on pain killers? My doctor specializes in this, that is all he does. I have been dealing with this problem for a year and was afraid of the Spincteroctomy. I can't believe it didn't work. He told me I had a large one and I am hoping I just need more time. Thanks!

• Posted

HI reggiecat,  I have posted this below before so posting it again as it will give you a clear understanding what I had done.     Talking about a large fissures I had two of them, believe me, I fainted a number of times over the years with this.  You name if I had it.   I found this interesting, after surgery, I went to my general GP and when I told him the surgen who did the colon test on me back in 2010 confirming what I had, did not offer a solution. My GP told me: He did not have the confidence to do the surgery on you.  What I'm saying is:  not all doctors like to do this surgery they are not gods and not all perfect or good at what they do. I'm repeating myself when I say, the doctor who finally did the surgery on me had been doing it for 25 years with great success.

I had a Fissurectomy/Sphincterotomy and of course put under sedation during the surgery.  You will need someone to bring you in and take you home again after  surgery, as you will sleep a lot the first day.   

The next day, I was feeling very well and no pain, but was dreading  my first BM which happened almost three days later.  As per doctors instructions, I took stool softener and some Mineral Oil ( very cheep at any  Chemist)  

I need not have been afraid, because the first BM was painless.   You will have to wear pads after surgery as there is a lot of bleeding and and sever bruising which looks bad, but does not hurt only tender.   You will have to stay on stool softeners for a fairly long time and just take good care of yourself and watch your diet.  The diet part is really trial and error, depending on your own body's reaction to certain food.    Compared to the suffering I went through before surgery, the after surgery for me was a breeze.    DO not take codeine after surgery even if your doctor gives you a prescription. The last thing you need is to be constipated.  I took two Aleve every four hours which did the job nicely.  I hope this will help you.  Keep in mind, everyone has different experiences with this. I was tempted to try Botox but having read the many postings on this with few successful results I went for the surgery, I just did not want to live with the pain of fissures anymore.  

I hope this will  help you.  Take care and I wish you well.

• Posted

Hi Karen,

Thanks for getting back to me this is very helpful. I actually have been having soft and relatively pain free BMs but the burning/throbbing comes later and I feel it all day. It sounds like you had good results from the surgery. I am trying to give it more time from the Spincteroctomy before jumping into Fissureoctomy. But if needed, I will have to. Thanks again for sharing your experiece. May I ask you how long it took before you went back to work and pain free?

Regina

• Posted

Hi Regina,   Something you wrote really got my attenion when you refer to a burning sensation after a BM which can last all day.  Any foods, such as fruit which contains a lot of acid will cause this.  Eat your fruit at breakfast not later in the day. This has been my experience. Hope this helps.     I was able to sit at my computer within a few days,  feeling rather tender and fragile for a while but certainly no longer in the horrid pain as before.   I was  very sorry I waited 5 years to get the operation done and rid my life of this affliction.   Good luck to you.

Karen.

• Posted

Thanks Karen! That is good advice for the food. I will definately be mindful of that. Your words are encouraging for me. I look to rid this nasty ailment once and for all. Thanks!

• Posted

I had a Fissurectomy. Its a procedure whereby they just clean the fissure out and I think they stitch it up.

As far as I know a Sphincterotomy can involve cutting the Sphincter in order to help relax it. This is a far more serious operation and apparently can cause future complications.

I only go by the info that the Surgeon gave me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.