Cure for Chronic Hives?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I just want to share this. For years, I've been trying to determine the cause of chronic hives specific to my face, chin and neck. Food elimination diets, allergy shots, product elimination, antihistamines, etc. A few months ago, I finally stumbled upon my cure. I stopped using my electric toothbrush - and have not had hives (at least to the level of severity I was having them) since. I'm convinced.

If you have hives, explore this topic. If this post helps one person, I'd be happy. Google Vibratory Urticaria:

Those who are suffering from vibratory urticaria avoid lawn mowers, electric toothbrushes, jogging, playing drums, bumpy bus rides, jackhammering, etc. because they have an allergy to vibration. Vibratory urticaria tends to run in families and is caused by a rare genetic mutation that results in an exaggerated cell response to vibrating touch. It may also be an acquired response to a prolonged exposure to vibration. The afflicted report mild to severe allergic symptoms such as welts, fatigue, headaches, and blurry vision. Episodes can occur several times a day.

Here's a link but there are many others oout there. Good luck.

https://www.verywellhealth.com/vibratory-angioedema-1069424

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I have used an electric toothbrush for years how long did you use yours.. I just started with the hives a year ago.. this is really bizarre.. but so happy it has worked for you.. I have been struggling this month with bad hives and two episodes of angioedema.. I take prednisone, xolair shot, and 3 allegra and still they are there and stop and start several times a day.. I will try this but not much hope it will work.. thank you
    • Posted

I used it for years, too. but in the reading it suggested that it was something that could develop over time with prolonged use. In my case, I only had the hives around my mouth, lips and chin. But it was everyday. So I knew it was something I either was eating or putting near my mouth (chapstick and toothpaste were things I had to eliminate). It's been suggested that the nickel, or other metals, in the toothbrush might also be the trigger. Anyway, giving it up worked for me. I hope you find something that works for you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.