Cure for folliculitis

Posted , 1 user is following.

I just wanted to share this somewhere as it's changed my boyfriend's life.

After years of having lower legs covered in painful spots and boils, scratching them raw through itching, and countless doctor visits / antibiotics, it was a holiday to Turkey that was the turning point.

He went for a Turkish shave, after which they splashed lemon cologne (80% alcohol) on his face to avoid infection. We thought to ourselves, if it works on the face it's worth trying it on his legs. We could see improvement after one week of ditching the doctor prescribed emollient (which I swear was only ever making things worse) and using only the lemon cologne. After 2 months of daily application his legs were completely clear and 1 year on it hasn't returned.

We stock up at our local Turkish supermarket.

Hope this can help someone....be warned, it stings at first whilst the spots are still there

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.