Posted , 3 users are following.
I was diagnosed with HS last year, but I was having flare ups since last 4 years. I am a regular smoker 30 yr old male.
I joined this only to post this solution that has been working for me for last 6 months.
I was prescribed some doxys and the usual ones that everyone has mentioned. But, for me I was always able to relate flare ups with specific food. Doc did tell me to quit and I did try but fatty and cheesy foods still used to give me flare ups.
I started experimenting 6 months back, stopped doxy coz I was still getting flare ups anyways. So here are my isolated experiments (they are not combined with each other), try those for a week and see what works for you:
1. Reduced sugary foods , still smoking- about 20% less flare ups but still get them.
2. Maintained my eating time leading to a consistent insulin level, still smoking - about 60% less flare ups.
3. Introduced these items in my diet when i cook - Ginger + garlic + turmeric.
The 3rd one even with smoking, I did not get any flare ups at all, worked like magic. Then I stopped it and I got flare ups and I ate again with those three ingredients.
I SAW OVERNIGHT IMPROVEMENT!!
Another experiment i did was I stopped 3rd but started eating strawberries like fruits (raberry, blueberry, grapes )instead of processed sugar stuff for desert.
Now, every time I used to eat something sugary I used to get flare ups, but in this case I didn't. So here is my suggestion:
1. MUST include about 2 gm ginger + three peels of garlic bulb + one tbspn of turmeric every day in one of the meals.
2. Replace processed sugar with natural sugar.
3. everytime you feel a flare up is forming up, do 1 asap, you'll notice yourself.
There is science and research articles in ncbi about all these ingredients and mind you I am not using any tropicals or anti biotics anymore. Turmeric, ginger, garlic help your immune system and body in many ways.
Strawberries has salicyclic acid in case you have acne too like I do.
Also, I do not have severe HS, so please keep that in consideration. And I am still smoking which is bad but its hard to quit at the same time when you are making other changes in your lifestyle.
Hope it helps all of you. it helped me,
Feel free to ask any questions if you decide to experiment like i did.
3 likes, 1 reply