Cure for pots syndrome?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I think i have it since every damn single symtomp matches to me exactly.I have had high increase in pulse rate upon standing,instense fatigue,palpitations,loss of concentration etc since 5 years.

Recently i have been to cardiologists and got evealuated by tests like ecg,holter,echocardiography,cbc,thyroid test,kidney test,electrolytes mesure etc and every test wa normal and healthy.Due to this no one takes me seriously and i always been called as lazy and a**hole by everyone including my family...its really sucide promoting for me.

My life is ruined..

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello. there is a cardiology doctor on YouTube called Dr. Sanjay Gupta from York cardiology York hospital . he did a fantastic video on pots and dysautonomia. He explained in details how pots affects people. He explained it all. Look for him..

• Posted

This is something I am very interested at the moment. I was put on Beta Blockers last January, they made me so ill, that I have been off work since March, it was found I was allergic to them so I cane off them then. Thing is, all the symptoms remain and I can get no help from NHS as all the doctors say they come out of your system in 12 hours. They say I have anxiety which I dont, its just the excuse they use to fob you off.

Now Beta Blockers act on the Autonomic Nervous System,  all my symptoms are dysautonomia symptoms though I don't have the POTS one itself as my pulse only goes up 20 bpm with standing. It seems logical to me that being allergic to a medication that acts on the ANS and that then causes symptoms of a disrupted ANS is quite a logical thing to investigate, but it seems these healthcare professionals lack logic, hence I am in the same position as you, being very very ill, sometimes having to spend four days in bed to recover from one day out of it for instance, but being ignored and made to feel I am a a hypochondriac or something, I have even been told to report back to work, that should be interesting!

• Posted

Ravi,

First of all, it's a shame your family has to treat you this way, you don't want to

let them get you down.

I have a 40 year old niece who has POTS (PAROXYSMAL ORTHOSTATIC TACHYCARDIC  SYNDROME),and she was told to never let herself get dehydrated, because that exacerbates this syndrome.  She gets very fatigued,

but I don't believe they gave her any medicine for this.  She also gets low blood

pressure, that's a symptom of it.  High blood pressure is far worse, I know, I've

had hypertension for over 30 years, and I take 2 different antihypertensive meds

for it.  Keep your chin up, this is a very manageable condition.

• Posted

I forgot to mention my niece had a tilt table test, and that definitively diagnosed

her with POTS.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.