Cured from the rash after long 9 months

Posted , 4 users are following.

I started having hives and swelling around September 2015. Sufferers from hives, itchiness and swelling in my body. I had tons of blood tests, checked for allergies, checked my hormones, did a biopsy, but doctors couldn't find out what was going on. I took steroids twice for few days and was always on an antihistamine that the doctor prescribed, and ended up gaining 25 pounds. I used to cry at night from being so frustrated and was feeling depressed. In April 2016 I found out I was pregnant. I was so scared to continue not knowing what will this medication do to the pregnancy so I immediately stopped the medicines. Hives were gone!!!!!

They checked my hormones and everything was fine so I wasn't sure how did that happened. My OB/GYN said that the rash was probably due to issues with my immune system and being pregnant my body produced more white cells and that is how my body fought it....I don't know if it was true but felt that after so many prayers for a cure , god sent me this baby. I had my baby almost 5 months ago, and thank god they didn't come back.

Wishing all of you a relief and hoping you find your cure🙏🏻

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Shery2015,

After 3 months on prednisone b/c I cannot be weaned off without the rash coming back full force. I'm on all types of 1st and 2nd gen AH, plaquanil, ranitidine, famotadine (sometiems), montelukast and doxepin. I never skimp on my AH- I usually take the max dose or more, which I found only work in conjunction with the steroid. Tried living with the hives for 2 days by weaning the steroid to 10 mg daily but I got rebound hives that increasingly worsened despite taking huge doses of AHq3h/all meds for condition (OTC/Rx), and I cracked. My skin was both itchy and burning on both arms and legs equally with angioedema. The look of the hives changed from classic individual hives to large coalesced patches of red swollen skin. The swelling got to where it was painful to bend at the knees and elbows. After screamin out in a rage, I swallowed 40 mg of prednisone and 4 tab of AH and hopped into bed. I woke up 4 hrs later, the itching was gone and the rash fading.

Called and left a msg with my Allergist, who called back and said she'll get the paper work started on Xolair at my next visit. Gaining wt from both over eating and water retention is not fun, especially when I had just lost 15 lbs by changing my diet x 1 year. The steroids have changed my appetite- I crave food whether hungry or not.

Anyway, that's my story and I hope to get good results on Xolair. 

• Posted

Such a blessing Shery!  Enjoy that precious baby that God has sent you!  I am so happy for you!

Wendy

• Posted

Glad everything turn out for you and congratulation on your child. Yeah, I have this rash also and so bad still waiting to be accepted by my plan for xolair. But now I just suffer with it and it's so bad, thanks for your wishes and so glad for you cause i know how painful it is.

• Posted

Lucky  you your baby is a miracle.

My hives started after a had my baby girl.

• Posted

I cannot believe I am writing this, but my hives are back!!!!! I am still nursing the baby so nothing changes or maybe hormones are going back to normal? I'm going to se an allergist in two days. I can't even think about going back on medication...I'm still nursing and don't want to stop now, plus those medications made me gain so much weight and I'm still over weight from last time plus the pregnancy wight.

Ughhhh this is awful 😩😩😩

• Posted

Oh my god ,I was so happy for you,I wish they will go away,because you need to feed the baby.I believe is from food that we eat ,look for me when I est bread eggs milk,I have more severe hives,but I never liked vegged,so try to avoid if you can,For me I hate hives,they are making my life miserable,oh god. I have two children ,and I am so tired from the pills.I wish you good luck .
  • Posted

Shery I'm so happy for you and glad your doing well but I got my rash over 4 years now and I'm a male and I can't take it no more so bad bruise, itch, redness and lumps even in my face so crazy and depressing, want to go to Europe this year and now not sure if I can travel cause it so bad. Now I had two shot of Xolair and going in June 13 for two more shot but still have it now so wondering if it will ever go away, Congrat on baby and so happy for you, take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.