Cured Mine

Posted , 6 users are following.

From what I've heard most Blepharitis is caused by Seborrheic Dermatitis.  So what do you do?  You treat the Seborrheic Dermatitis first, that's what I did & mine is gone!!!  I get Seborrheic Dermatitis not only on my eyes but around my ears.  Itchy, scaling, scabbing, redness.  Sounds familiar?  Yes I have Eczema & Rosacea too.  Anyway, went to the dermatologist, because you know the eye doctors don't do a whole lot, even though several of them diagnosed me with dry eyes & Blepharitis.  My dermatologist gave me some topical Betamethasone Valerate Lotion o.1% 60 ml. in a bottle.  I put it on my ears & he said I could use it too on my eyes.  Not in my eyes, just where it's bothering me at.  On eyelids, near above lashes & below.  Now I only do this when my eyes start itching real bad.  I don't use it all the time.  My Blepharitis is practically gone since I've used this & now I can wear mascara.  The mascara I wear is an organic natural kind with no artificial dyes, parabens, fragrances or chemicals.  That also helps me as well, since I have sensitive skin.  I also use fragrance free body washes in the shower.  Johnson's baby shampoo would irritate my eyes with the fragrance in it, that they became worse.  I can't even use Wet Wipes either because of the strong fragrance.  Ever since I've used this topical solution from my dermatologist I really don't need to use anything else.  I don't even have to do the warm packs anymore.  Save yourself time, headaches & money & just use the topical Betamethathasone Valerate Lotion & let me know how it works.  If that don't work try Momentasone Furoate Topical Solution 0.1%  it's less stingy & it doesn't bother my ears so bad as the other one I mentioned, so I use that one on my ears & the other on my eyes, but you can use the Momentasone Furoate Topical Solution on your eyes too, instead of the other one, but for me I get better results with the Betamethasone.  Good luck everyone!!!!!!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Lisa,

Are these medications you mentioned prescription only? I am in the USA. This condition just won't go away for me and my eye doctor is running out of solutions. I am on antibiotics now and they are not doing anything for me. Thanks.

Jae

• Posted

Yes they are.  You have to get them from your medical doctor or a dermatologist.  I know for sure that the eye doctors will not order them for you.  There is such thing as Seborrheic Dermatitis Blepharitis.  Most people don't think they have that but they really do.  I was diagnosed from several eye doctors with just Blepharitis, but nothing worked that they suggessted, so I went to my dermatologist & he prescribed those prescriptions.  Remember, just put a little bit on your finger & put it over your eyelid, near your front & bottom eyelashes & corners of your eyes.  Don't use too much since it is a steroid & don't put it in your eyes either.  I only use it when it starts acting up & it controls it for quite some time.  Tell your regular medical doctor or dermatologist that your pretty sure you have Seborrheic Dermatitis on your eyelids because they get really scaley & itchy & you heard that this medication would be okay to use on your eyes if you just used a tiny bit.  Let me know how it goes.  I hope it gets better!!!!  
    • Posted

Thank you so much Lisa. I will do what you say and see what happens. I will honestly cut off my toe if it would this pain go away. I will report back but it is going to be a couple of weeks. Thank you again for the help.

Jae

• Posted

Hi Lisa,  Yes I think you might be right about most cases being causes by S D or Rosacea.  I have both.  The rosacea started in my 20's and I had good and bad periods it was especially bad during the menopause but since then (I am now 67) it has calmed down do just just slight redness nothing to worry about.  I also had S D

and was advised by a dermalogist who I saw at an open day for rosacea to wash both face and scalp in nizoral.  Which I did and it really helped.  I now use nizoral on the scalp around one a month but as I said not really any problem now the hormones have calmed down.  What we women have to put up with.  I now have other health problems so won't bore you with that.  My blepharitis is under control using the hot flanal massage and cleaning with bicarbonate of soda solution (like you baby shampoo was too harsh). I have given up wearing eye make up but would like to try again just for going out so interested in natural mascaras. Where did you buy your one?

• Posted

My blepharitis seems to be th sme variety as yours, when nitially diagnosed the ointment prescribed did't help much, that combined with the cleaning regime, I ended up jut the same.  A while down the the road I was prescribed some shampoo calle 'Capasal' for seborrheic dermatitis, this contains coal tar whichmay be the active ingredient (I'm not a pharmacist nor a dermatologist) but it works for both complaints.  I shower every day with this stuff and a body wash, if I miss a shower for whatever reason and just wash with normal soap by the end of the day my eyes are beginning to itch and it only takes ne or two rubs wth your fingers and the whole process ick off again.  As I have said on this forum before it worked for me maybe the original diagnosis was wrongand I have seborrheic dermatitis of the eyelashes!!!!
  • Posted

Sorry about the missing letters in my post (don't buy cheapo lap tops or review your text before posting) but I was keen to answer you.
  • Posted

Can you buy these lotions/creams from a chemists. Or only on prescription.

Thanks

• Posted

Taking Flaxseed oil is very good for itchy eyes which come with ageing and also with blepharitis. Take it internally (not in your eyes) every day and within a couple of weeks the itching start to die down.

Try to reduce your intake of Omega 6 oils (Sunflower and palm, etc) and up your intake of Omega 3 oils (fish oils, flaxseed oil) rapeseed oil is the best balanced oil between Omega 3 and 6. Use butter instead of sunflower spread. Make biscuits and cakes with butter or olive spread. This helps balance your immune system which can get unbalanced and lead to inflammation.

For my blepharitis I also shampoo my eyebrows and eyelashes quite vigorously with baby shampoo. This keeps the follicles open that put the oily film into your eyes and that then stops your tears from evaporating. so another reason for dry itchy eyes is dealt with.

These actions have worked for me from age 50 to age 70

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.