Curious

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been on sertraline since April.  Now at 100mgs.  Still feel lack of motivation.  Appetite ok not great.  Energy level so so.  All signs of depression.  So my question is am I still depressed or is this a side effect of sertraline.  Hard to know.  Dr wants me on 125 but I am not sure.  Will it make a difference??  Anyone have any suggestions.

thank you

lynda

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sertraline is not a anti-depressant that i have been on , i am interested in what other people's views are , as you sound just like i have been feeling - lack of Motivation , eating very little , basically not wanting to do anything - even what i used to enjoy doing , so i would be interested to see what fellow depressed people have to say to your comment , psychiatrist has been playing with my anti-depressants , my own doctor prescibed me Mirtzapine last year as night time was very bad - wasn't sleeping and they did a great job of allowing me to get a good night sleep , but then as days were still bad the pyschiatrist at my local CMHT prescribed - Venlafaxine at low dosage upping each month now i am on 225mg but then he lowered my 45mg of my Mirtzapine to 30mg so then i started having problems sleeping night time so he prescribed another medication to take along side Mirtazpine but days are still bad so i no longer know what is going to happened basically i have to see what the new psychiatrist at my local CMHT decides what step to take next ( the other one is moving to another area of my county ) , my doctor told me yesterday that if mental health treatment then i shall just have to take the tablets !! , looking forward to seeing what comments others have to say to your article , all the best xx
  • Posted

Hi Lynda, I am on Sertraline 200mgs since March, I went slowly on it ie 50mgs then 2 weeks later 100mg etc.  I feel it has got me out of my very dark tunnel, but not actually got me in a place where I can say yes Sertraline is helping me, because like you I  still have no motivation, get up and go, worrying about everything but nothing that makes any difference, I just feel I'm here and my body works what little do work, but Im not at that point where you do feel as if you have got there, I know my depression wont go away and I am stuck with it for the rest of my life, but I have been better, and that is what I want from the Sertraline, but its not doing it and I am now on the maxium dose, and cant see anyone until October, so like you Lynda I would like to hear from someone who it makes a difference and what else if anything they are taking or doing.  I do hope you will go upto 125mg because I know from what I experienced that each little bit extra helps, so I hope it does for you, take care speak soon
  • Posted

Hi I started on 100 mg of sertraline but it wasn't doing the job properly so I went up to 150 mg which is fine.   My advice is try the increase and see if it helps.  x

• Posted

I have been on sertraline for many years and think its a wonderfull drug.....so your probably thinking "well if its that,s good then why am I stil on it"? I take 200mg a day and it keeps my demons a bay..I have many times decided to stop the sertraline and each time the black dog comes back and bites me in the axxx..jx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.