Curious about the herpes virus

Posted , 1 user is following.

So I am someone who suffers from coldsores occasionaly and I have never had any sexual contact but i am still so panicked that I could potentially have hsv1 on genitals too althought i havent really had any signs but Im just wondering if there is any way i could have potentially gave myself hsv1 or hsv2 by accidently touching an coldsore and then touching my genitals does anyone know if this is possible? If it isn't does this mean that i wouldnt be able to spread hsv1 through sex aslong as there is no oral contact or would there still be a risk. I know not to kiss whenever i feel a coldsore or have one and know to let anyone I would potentially kiss or have a relationship with beforehand that i have hsv1 and occasionally get coldsores.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.