Curious on what to do?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Good afternoon:

I actully been having headache since march and when I went to the ER they give me a number to call and schedule my MRI. I actually didn't do my MRI until June 21st because of weather where I live at stop me. My neurologist nurse called me to make a follow up appointment to discuess my MRI result. I throught all was normal but it did say Impression: Low-lying cerebellar tonsils extending 5.6 mm below the foramen magnum. Slightly decreased CSF flow along the posterior margin of the tonsils. MRI of the brain is otherwise normal.. I honestly been haven't neck pain for 4 days straight and then it went away but the light headed and dizzyness is still here along with the nasousness won't leave. I've been sleeping it off and when I wake up i keep having headache after naps during the day. I throught maybe it was because of the sunlight shining in my room that cost my headache. they have not Diagnosis me yet with Chiari malformation but i google the result as well. All the symptoms I'm haven't keep getting worse and worse and my neurologist won't have time for me until august 29. i don't know if this is truly chiari malformation but if it is can anyone help me figure out what to do or what will happen to me?

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

*have been getting worse*
    • Posted

Hi Julie, 

I’m sorry you’re going through this. If the report says you have any type of herniation, then yes you have chiari and you and your doctor should begin discussing the condition, your symptoms, and treatment. There really is only one treatment and that is a posterior fossa decompression surgery. Definitely make an appt with a neuroseorgeon, not neurologist, as soon as you can. 

• Posted

Julie, if you were not diagnosed then hopefully it’s nothing serious. I didn’t have any headaches or neck pains and I was diagnosed with Chiari and needed surgery. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.