curious to know if others experienced this....

Posted , 7 users are following.

First of all, my scoping hurt like hell.  But my problem is.....following the procedure and several days of recovery getting back to normal,  my penis is bent when erect.  Not drastically but noticeable.  Ever hear of this happening? 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Doug. sorry to hear of your problem. I have to go in on the 12 th of August to have my 4 th ! I have stage 2 cancer on the bladder. Personally, the biggest issue I have had to put up with is a weekness in the bladder control! Occasionally I have had. to pee when not ready?? A little annoying and embarrassing to say the least.

All in all though,it could always be a lot worse . My sex drive took a bit of a hammering but my wife has the pacience of an angel,bless her. All is ok.at the moment , but I wish it could be a little better..

Percevere with your treatment my friend and thank.god for modern medicine . There is nothing that cannot be rectified after your treatment

take care and all the very best. Paul T

• Posted

Best of luck with your treatment.   My scoping showed a normal bladder and the subsequent flex scope showed a normal kidney and tract.  I was lucky.  The blood in my urine stopped on its own and hasn't returned.  I take a blood thinner.
  • Posted

hello doug73622 a flexi does make you cling to the ceiling when it goes through the prostate.about the bent problem.Think you have had a foreign instrumement pushed down your urethra so it will cause some damage keep drinking plenty of water and don,t hold your pee,best wishes.A flexi/rigid cystoscopy patient.
  • Posted

hi doug

so long as you were told of no cancer then thats fine but there is an operation to put your penis straight i saw this on a program were a bloke had the same thing as you only i dont no if this happens to you when he wee's it gose to the side its really embarrising if this happens to you he was actually a paramedic he was sent to an hospital to get this sotrted and now he is back to normal he couldndnt get an irection properly look on the net it tells you about it embarrising bodies or you can speak with them about your problem or email them .

good luck hope you get it sorted keep us posted. 

• Posted

Hi Doug,

I had a rigid cycstocopy carried out in 2011.  When discharged that day I felt heavily bruised around the base of the penis.  Gradually, over the course of around 6\7 months I developed a bend that was  60 odd degrees or more to the left when erect.

Where the bend is, can you feel a hard sort of lump?   It sounds like it could be Peyronie's disease.  

I had corrective surgery for it about two years ago.  The procedure was the nesbit I believe.   I lost some length as they cut a wedge on opposite side to straighten it and have a crescent shape on one side where they cut the lump out.

I was 27 when I had the above done, as scary as it sounded, I am so glad I had the corrective actions.

Go and see your GP and you shouild monitor it for a year before any action is taken to see if it stays as is etc.

• Posted

hey dude, did u had any pain after the surgery? I did mine a few months ago, but now I still felling some pain when have a boner 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.